Cross Curriculum Priorities
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures
- Organising Idea 1: Australia has two distinct Indigenous groups: Aboriginal Peoples and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, and within those groups there is significant diversity.
- Organising Idea 2: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities maintain a special connection to and responsibility for Country/Place.
- Organising Idea 3: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have unique belief systems and are spiritually connected to the land, sea, sky and Waterways.
- Organising Idea 4: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies have many Language Groups
- Locate and collect information and data from different sources, including observations (ACHASSI074)
- The diversity of Australia’s first peoples and the long and continuous connection of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander peoples to Country/Place (land, sea, waterways and skies) (ACHASSK083)
- The importance of environments, including natural vegetation, to animals and people (ACHASSK088)
- The custodial responsibility Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples have for Country/Place and how this influences views about sustainability (ACHASSK089)
- The use and management of natural resources and waste, and the different views on how to do this sustainably (ACHASSK090)
- The different cultural, religious and/or social groups to which they and others in the community belong (ACHASSK093)
- Living things have life cycles (ACSSU072)
- Living things depend on each other and the environment to survive (ACSSU073)
- Earth’s surface changes over time as a result of natural processes and human activity (ACSSU075)
- Science knowledge helps people to understand the effect of their actions (ACSHE062)
Focus Area Content
0% Complete 0/1 Steps
Accessing this unit requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!